Goals and scope
The ASEAN-India Innovation Platform which basically aims to covert an Idea into a solution, shall have following components :
- Social Innovation (coordinated by NIF, Ahmadabad)
- Research Innovation (coordinated by NRDC, New Delhi
- Product/Industry Innovation (FICCI, New Delhi)
And following activities -
- Activities leading to Idea sourcing, harnessing leading to technology development and solution to common challenges of societal relevance.
- Projects leading to Inclusive Innovation (Identify and provide support to cutting edge innovations towards affordable product development that can bring significant social impact and address challenges of inclusive growth.
- Networking of Innovators and Innovation mentors (foster a pool of social innovators and provide a platform to share best practices, understand intricacies of business models in social innovation and network.
- Networking of Innovation Hubs/Centres, Technology Business Incubators (TBI), Technology Incubation Centres, S&T Start-ups, SMSE etc, entrepreneurship development etc
- Technology transfer and commercialisation (converting research results into product/service)
- Information sharing and other Services (IPR, Technology transfer & management etc)
- Institute Challenge Awards for addressing persistent problem of the region with regards to meeting unmet social, environmental and other futuristic needs